Sunday, May 23, 2010

my couch is too comfy!

I need to clean. My house is too small (although I should be thankful for what I have)...I feel like we have too much crap. Yeah, I bought a huge couch with a chaise lounge just before Tallulah was born...and it's so damn comfy!!
I got the itch the other day day got my spray bottle bleach+water and cleaned all of the window sills and the tub and the kitchen floor. But I see blogs and photos of these houses with all this space and cool storage and non-clutter and well, I feel so inadequate when it comes to clean/organized house. What to do? I work 40+ hours a week...and honestly, when I get home, all I want to do is have a glass of wine and play with the kids...so shoot me!!!
I have a friend who has older children, and she said "if you're house is clean, then I will accuse you of spending too little time with your kids." So, I constantly have to tell myself that the time for a clean house will come (once my kids are old enough to do some cleaning) so who cares??!!
The trouble is...I want more than anything to be a wife who can keep a job and come home and make dinner and have a clean house that's well organized! Am I asking too much of myself? Who knows??

1 comment:

  1. the only reason my house is clean is cause i work from home. you get a free pass!

    ReplyDelete