Friday, April 3, 2009

Feels good to let the girls out


We got chickens today...and in 3 months or so...they will be ready to live outside.  The goal for the next 3 months is to handle them a ton and get them to be our pets.  Then they'll move outside and lay them eggs!!  Woot! So far I have made promises to give their poop away and share some of the eggs.  We eat a ton of eggs and so it will be nice to have fresh ones available straight out of the chicken's ass! 
I'm also excited for the kids to learn something at home...something that sponge bob can't teach them.  It will be a fun ride.  As we speak, Jeff is teaching Izze the word "cloaca." I yie yie.  

Okay...so here are their names. The two red ones are Ricki Bobbie and Ruby (with the eyes that sparkle), and the two blonde or white ones are Merceded (juevos rancheros) and Monroe.   We're already talking about adding a goat to the brood.  If only it could be a fainting goat!!

A


No comments:

Post a Comment